Using state-of-the-art technology and instrumentation, Parkview Wabash Hospital’s medical laboratory professionals perform and supervise tests that not only search for potential health problems in the hope of identifying the disease early when it is most treatable, but also guide and assess the ongoing care of patients.
“Laboratory medicine provides a crucial thread that runs through the entire patient care process,” said Pathologist Dr. J. Dean Gifford. “Test results from the laboratory drive a significant portion of clinical decisions, from diagnosis to therapy.”
The lab offers:
- Specialized chemistry
- Blood bank and Transfusion Services
- Hematology and Coagulation
- Surgical & Anatomical Pathology
- Draw Site Services for Quest and LabCard reference labs
The majority of lab tests performed at Parkview Wabash Hospital do not require an appointment. However, patients are required to bring a written physician’s order that includes:
- Patient’s name and date of birth
- Tests being requested and diagnosis codes
- Physician name and address
- Physician or other authorized signature
- Any special requests
Services are available 24-hours a day, seven days a week. A pathologist is also available seven days a week.
The Parkview Wabash Hospital Laboratory is accredited by the College of American Pathologists, a national recognition.